A fic and art exchange is when people fill in a request for whatever elements they want or don't want to see in a fic or a piece of art - elements such as mood, characters, dialogue, and so on. Someone writes or draws a piece of work for them. In return, they also fulfill a fic or art request for someone else. Basically, writers and artists swap stories and art. Thus it is a fic/art exchange.
This particular exchange community on the fandom of Twilight/New Moon -- a universe created by Stephenie Meyer. Generic fics/art or art/fic focusing on a certain couple are both welcome here. Authors/Artists will be revealed at the end, once all fics have been posted.
Anyone who is participating in the exchange should read A Guide to Participating in Fic Exchanges, by Someone Who Knows by flyingcarpet. It is a must read as it explains the dymatics from both angles -- the mods and the participates. It is wrote in the Harry Potter fandom as it's reference, but it's a great source of any fandom.
1. If you request a fic or art, you must be able to fulfill someone else's request.
2. You do not have to be a Live Journal user to participate, but you do need a valid email address so we can contact you. And we will contact you... often. ;)
3. All fics should have a minimum word count of 1500. There is no maximum word limit. All fics must be COMPLETE when sent to us -- no exceptions. Chaptered or multi-part fics are fine, but the fics must be COMPLETE upon the mods recieving it - so we want all the parts, people. All fics should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org in either Word format or .txt format. Remember to include the entire header that the mod will supply.
4. Please include the following header when sending in your submission.
Warnings: (such things as incest, sex, violence, extreme fluff, AU)
Author's Note: (something to say to the recipient? beta thank yous?)
5. All art should emailed to email@example.com in .jpg, .gif, or .png format. Remember to include the entire header that the mods will supply.
6. Code your fic with the appropriate html tags, for example <b></b> and whatever else. If you send your fic in with Microsoft Word (which is fine), you still have to tag your work! Missing or broken html tags make stories look shoddy. Don't forget to Double check! ALSO - it is not necessary to place the <p></p> tags... just so you know because it will make your story unpostable until the mod phsyically removes the tags.
7. Please have your fic spell-checked and beta-read. The mod will be trying to round up a few betas in house to offer to help but please do not rely on this alone. Misspellings and grammatical errors take away from the enjoyment of a fic, and they're such little things to fix.
8. All fics will be posted here, just for reference purposes. That way we don't have to deal with archives that like to go the way of the dodo during the exchange! But after the specific round's masterlist is compiled and posted, feel free to post the work everywhere and anywhere it's allowed!
9. To maintain anonymity, please do not post your fic anywhere else until after the revealing. After the revealing, go ahead and archive it anywhere you want. If you aren't sure where to archive, email us, and we'll point you in the right direction!
10. In order to request or write a fic rated NC-17 you must be at least 18. You can turn 18 the day before for all we care, but you must be 18 at the time of requesting/writing. We do not want to put someone in a position to be writing/drawing NC-17 material for someone underaged nor does the mod want to responsibility for issuing adult material to a minor.
11. Extensions will be given out, but with a GOOD VALID reason that the mod APPROVES. Otherwise you are responsible for handing in your work by the due date.
12. If you fail to hand in your assignment, you are subject to banishment from any future rounds. There may be exceptions, but only in extreme cases.
Friday August 10, 2007 - Signs ups posted.
Saturday August 25, 2007 - Signs up close.
Sunday August 26, 2007 - Requests posted for choosing.
Monday September 3, 2007 - Writers/Artists recieve their assignment; writing/art process begin.
Friday October 5, 2007 - Assignments DUE.
November 2007 (Dates to be Announced) - Awards, Masterlist.
The only mod is cinnamon_kisses a.k.a. Katie. Do not hesitate to refer any inqueries (whether it be comments, suggestions, questions, concerns, or even even hate mail) to her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you are desperate her journal.
The community was created and founded by rarity.
The layout (including css and codes) was made by rarity.
Background image from at gettyimages while the other two images are of the covers of the books New Moon and Twilight.
Everyone is encouraged to friend the community in order to keep up-to-date on the on-goings of the exchange.